The biggest obstacle race in the world? Spartan! The most beautiful stadium in the world? The Johan Cruijff ArenA! What do you get when you combine those two? Magic! Amsterdam writes history on Saturday July 20th: during the historic Olympic Games, 'Stadion' was the most prestigious event ... and Spartan revives old times this summer!
With more than two hundred races in thirty countries per year, Spartan is the biggest obstacle race worldwide and knows how to set up a unique event. Participants in the first Spartan Stadium race in the Netherlands will therefore have a magical experience. Spartan sets the tone in professionalism, uniqueness, creativity and technicality.
Spartan honors the age-old tradition and organizes 'the Stadium race', the first ever held during the Olympic Games, in iconic stages worldwide. A few of the offerings in the coming months: Stade de France (Paris), Wanda-Metropolitano (Madrid), Twickenham (London), Guang Zhou Stadium (China), Abu Dhabi Stadium Race (United Arab Emirates), Citi Field (New York, USA) and of course ... the Johan Cruijff ArenA!
With the catacombs as a starting point, the participants take on the heroic battle with time and themselves. The Johan Cruyff ArenA offers a nice collection of winding corridors, tricky crawl spaces, countless steps and heavy sandbags. The finish is for everyone in sight, but only when all twenty obstacles have been overcome.
Whether you like to throw in the gym with weights or prefer to do an endurance with some regularity, the Stadion race is for everyone. Young and old, trained and starting. All participants of the Spartan Race Amsterdam test themselves this summer for five kilometers at their own level on muscle strength, suppleness, endurance and speed.
To set up an event that everyone talks about for a long time, Spartan organized the organization at Amsterdam Sport Events, organizer of the most successful triathlons in the Netherlands. Exclusive training partner and organizer of the Spartan workout tour is The Boot Camp Club, the largest outdoor sports company in the Netherlands.
6 REASONS TO COME TO #SPARTANAMSTERDAM
1. Spartan is the largest obstacle racing organization in the world with more than 200 races worldwide and over 1 million participants per year!
2. Be amazed by the immense Johan Cruijff ArenA. The legendary stadium of Ajax and where countless world stars give their concerts.
3. A Spartan Stadium race is a unique experience; together with your fellow Spartans you will overcome 20 obstacles during a 5KM course where you will literally see all corners of the Arena.
4. This race is for everyone from young to old, rookies and first-timers to advanced and elite professionals.
5. Be one of the first Spartans in the Netherlands to earn the brand new 2019 Stadium medal and the tough finisher shirt!
6. The Johan Cruijff ArenA has its own train & bus station and a large parking garage and is therefore easily accessible.